Imagine
(from NY Times 1/3/2012)
Can only feed 2 kids on monday
Two on Tuesday
Wednesday I eat (otherwise tea)
Go to work
Everyday
Weak but cannot show weakness
Need money for rent
Got to keep safe
Kids go to school, future
Heard my story in the NY Times
In the land of opportunity
Sure my story crazy there, not possible
Everyone happy there
People fair, have plenty to eat
Take care of each other
Landlord comes for the rent
Lord and master I call him
Mercedes driven by my friend Nickolas
Big smile on his face this time
Says I am some kind of celebrity
Says system sucks, gotta live by it.
Imagine.
Says tired of the way things are
Cutting my rent in half
Yes half, bygoneit
Feed your kids
Take care of your own
I can live on less, yes I can
I cannot breathe
Suddenly hope from the hunger
Release emotion roped in and tied tight
God bless you is all I can say
My wife tears herself from the grip
She has incised upon the doorway.
Come lets be off Nicholas
Let us be better men
And seize the future for us all!
No comments:
Post a Comment