This is a blanket.
This is the blanket I throw beneath her small arthritic body.
The blanket I wrap my own body in too
because I can never seem to get warm enough.
Remember this blanket offers comfort
assists in first aid
it can stop the bleeding
cushion a soul.
This is the blanket that belonged to my father
the blanket he didn't use
but that was nearby blue
violet.
This is the blanket of childhood.
Magnificent blanket of snow whiting everything out
disappearing us.
The blanket that shows up at every crime scene.
The old blanket of denial fucking your new life up.
This is the blanket you dragged around with you
into scary appointments, medical procedures,
hotel rooms.
But you dragged it into dull things too.
This is a blanket of relationship sometimes
we don't think we can live without it
it protects us from bitter cold
it manages shock
worn out and perfect
we love it as much as we love eachother
or better
even.
No comments:
Post a Comment