Wednesday, July 4, 2012

3 of 7 untitled

i stand on the beach alone
looking back at the footprints of my path
feeling the wash of the waves crashing about my feet
beyond the sands lies the life i want to leave behind
I've said my last goodbyes
kissed the cheeks of those I've loved
held the hands of those whose company i should miss

the sky is painted crimson and grey
turning toward the openness of the water
i imagine what lies ahead of me
i dive in and begin to swim to the point of drowning
arms and legs exhausted, there is nothing of strength left within me
my lungs are tired and heavy
i turn once more toward my past
i whisper a silent sorry
and allow myself to be taken under
by instinct i try to hold my breath
by instinct i fight to save my life
drowning is a torturous means of death

nothing is left for me in the life I've lead
so death is welcomed
like a long lost friend
found again seeking a new beginning
i close my eyes and hug my friend
and accept the end

No comments:

Post a Comment