Thursday, July 5, 2012

4 of 7 stay at home daddy woes...luv it though

I find i have very little to say
except when i speak of my kids
even with unrelated strangers i often
drop into rehearsed conversations of my kids

hey did you see the knicks game
nah i was watching nick jr with my kids
hey bro do you happen to have any spare change
nah man i have two kids

its funny now when I'm writing it out
but almost every time i find myself thinking
why did i say all that,
why was i talking about my kids
when the conversation was about the political climate in the spain

did i suffer a mental break,
where my life stopped
and i just became the recorder for every event
of my kids,
a parental parrot ready to repeat their every movement

wats going on man
my son rode the swings today and he did it all by himself
homie we hanging out tonite right
nah my daughter wants to watch kicking it with me tonite
anything for my baby girl man

adult time is now next time next time
i no longer know what songs are out now
unless they're sung by miley cyrus, selena gomez, or bridgit mender

this must be the matrix effect
where is my red pill
i want to unplug
where is the doctor
please cut this umbilical cord

I want to sound my age
not sound like I'm on a
disney stage

No comments:

Post a Comment