Friday, July 6, 2012

EMBROIDERY (JULY 5)

In the movie the child fears he’s no real guy. Meanwhile, Jonathan makes thread loops to mimic other materials of man. Gravel, Sand, Cement. It’s only 7:40, already the coffee smells like meat. I just realized something, says my dad, heat and meat, that’s all. I say, help me help you. I will gather the closest bows and pull them into the fire pile. I will make a joke from a twig, a knot, and leave it on the road for someone walking. Anyways. I went to the museum to see new stitches – I guess back then ladies in the woods used cloth like paper – valentine quilts, family flags in autumn tones. Meanwhile, Jonathan makes MFA loops, simple words on starch white displayed as works in progress. Meanwhile, Aaron notices the father daughter cook out, how I break buns while my dad flips beef and buffalo. But it’s no thing. In the movie the child shakes, it’s not his fault he’s angry still, throwing things against the wall. I will stitch a fox for my mom. She will understand my method. The front looks good, the back’s a mess. Sometimes it takes forever. Sometimes I smooth thread with spit all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment