Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Written During Fireworks, Shivering Pup Burrowed In My Armpit

Last night i woke from a dream, i think, and in that dream
i think i was telling a co-worker at some unknown job
that the actions of another worker, perhaps the supervisor,
made me so angry that i could stab him to death with a
snowglobe. And the dream was very slow until i said
the word, "snowglobe" and then it got very fast, with
distaste and fear on the co-worker's face, a huge hot flash
of embarassment over my skin, a sure sense that I had
blown it now, i was really in trouble like never before,
and also a snort of blubby giggles, undignified, because
it was so foolish to even take that sort of threat seriously,
and all the emotions and reactions were speeding around
and through me, like the final surge of fireworks on the
fourth of july, like the crazyjoywave in all the physicists' bosoms
now that they have the Higgs' boson.

No comments:

Post a Comment