Saturday, July 7, 2012

5 0f 7 - 24 hours as a dad

they're faces always reflects
the beauty of the past
where i was, who i wanted to be

they play from the moment they're eyes open
my mornings begin with tugs at my loss
pushes on my chest
wake up daddy, wake up daddy
with a groan and fake yawns i rise
to tickle their bellys
so i can hear the most perfect sound
my children's laughter

hugs and kisses good morning
breakfast and story time
start our day
an hour of they're tv as they say
an hour of work for me

more playtime till lunchtime
exhausted they settle in for naps
and i start back at work
two hours of quiet
before they invade my time again
like a miniature army of wants

park time, where we find ourselves
dripping wet from the sprinklers
and I've yet to not see them as
the ground that keeps me steady

on the walk home after three hours of play
we talk about the future
they can only see tomorrow
and its a busy day to them

dinner bath time and bedtime
they are finally asleep
a picture of slumbering perfection
I'm at home here, in their presence
the clock arrives at my bedtime
i lie down next to them
and drift off to dream of everything being better

I awake again
to tugs of my loss
pushes on my chest
daddy wake up daddy wake up

No comments:

Post a Comment