Thursday, January 26, 2012

big morning


If technology were ever a separate thing from
these things our bodies do
it would be disproven by that lump,
bubbled in the upwards anus of
the space where the toilet
connects to the floor,
where my landlord called me to look,
seemingly just to take in the visual with him.
mumbled something about hydration, looking down,
just a foot past where nutrient becomes public property,
stops serving our body and gets whisked away.
Today I saw it all in our bathroom upstairs:
constipation in our mechanical mirror,
all systems are fragile, they get stopped up.

Silly is not the opposite of serious.
and I'm serious, houseguest, that was gross.
This only complicates the feeling of
the time we stayed up all night talking about race and god, and
the night you kept telling me that I was a genius.
I love good hearts ands strange people, and
there is no plain evidence that this was you, but
what the fuck did you do to our plunger
and how did our toilet get so FULL?


2 comments: