Thursday, January 26, 2012

Intermezzo

There are two lines
that go together.
The other voices,
present of course,
but these two lines
are the focus.

I feel as though I am listening better and more deeply than ever before.
It's a fugue, now. That's always tickled my ear but I'm finally able to hear it.

All the violence of my being, where others are concerned, is located in 1) laughter and 2) trying to force other people to understand things I think are beautiful for the reasons I do.

All the violence of my being, where I am concerned, is located in 3) magical unrealistic thinking about love and 4) trying perversely to perfect myself before the arrival of my "twin."

The search for a tolerable reflection has taken up so much of my time that I've missed a lot of other points, like: The two lines aren't the same line, though they're complementary by design.

As regards the magical thinking, I appreciate, finally, the joy in the desolation of this piece, which is where poignancy comes in. Poignancy--now I get poignancy. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment