Sunday, January 29, 2012

could not invent it poem


some sleepy days, I'll tell you..
I'm serious! they were each carrying a puppet,
and not a small one.

a giant puppet.
around the shut-down fountain, amidst the crowds
In my tired memory colors are already washed out.
but I know at the time they were full, these two lovers, spotted far away.

You could not make a metaphor as vivid as this day:
Those bodies gigantic, as if arrows pointing down

There is a space outside of good or bad, of pain or admiration.
and today I stood there, painty-handed, watching across the crowds
lady liberty and the octopus dancing

In this neutral place there is only charged feeling,
There is not what was or might be, there is only care.
and today I learned, in this place, there is still absurd.


No comments:

Post a Comment