Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vermont

Festive
it all turned out.
Hacked in mid-motion
and going nowhere, briefly.
But festive. My ears were up.
And I was bright and I was
not volatile to
post-meal surprise:
stripped messages of denial,
naysayers in the knapsack
and brought on and kept going
but not being fed our inappropriate
acquisitions.

What is dry and knotted
and straw sinew
and burning.
I've suffered for the little that I see,
but I am glad I see you doing this.
I am glad that there is nothing
wrong with us.
Finally.
Slight affirmation but it's
a soggy fire and a tent by headlight
and a petulant car.

Shower exchange,
rock interaction,
unlikely keeper,
a view,
and no-one, and no-one,
no third wheel,
and no-one,
no third wheel and
one
by
one.

Nothing is wrong with us.

I held on to the wheel, a suck of relief,
and thought about that as the weather turned
and we drove gamely on.




No comments:

Post a Comment