Saturday, January 28, 2012

Matinee and Dinner with Steffie, age 64

(i pull my companion into The Berkeley Dog, we order, and talk about "Hugo" -
Steffie wonders why the boy carried the automaton wrapped like a big baby doll)

He carried it like it was a baby doll! A boy with a baby doll!
My mother didn't let me have any toys
I couldn't have a doll, the china heads would break.
I didn't have friends, I looked in the sun in elementary school.
It made me fall over, and I have been sick ever since, ma'am.
Do you want honey mustard? It is sweet but i like it with this garlic.
I thought the popcorn was dinner, so this is dinner after dinner
You ate all that without any coke? You can't refill it without you pay again.

(i get up and refill her soda cup and wave at the cashier)

You didn't get in trouble. Everwhere I go, i get yelled at.

(i suggest that we go lots of places together and she doesn't get yelled at)

I get yelled at. The lady with the dog yelled at me.

(this is old fodder, untrue, and i cut it short -
i propose we shop online for a wonderful baby doll without a china head)

Mother won't let me have it. They have an aquarium in Georgia that has lionfish.
It is one of those, those, from a pet store, and they let them out in the ocean.

(Invasive species? mmmm, maybe the lungfish?)

Yes, it is a invasive fish. It is a lionfish. They don't live in America.
I like 'em! - laughs - They should stay in their aquarium!

(her laugh is infectious)

I don't know why they put 'em in the ocean! We don't have lions in America!

No comments:

Post a Comment